Royal Belgian Balance Coffee Maker
Featured on Amazon.com
Serve coffee the way it was done at the palace! A journey into science and a visual spectacle, it is great for dinner parties & entertaining!
An elegant echo of the opulent age of salon Coffees that were reserved for royalty and aristocrats, for the wealthy and famous of a glittering era. The Royal tabletop coffee maker will hold guests spellbound! This type of coffee maker was featured in the movie “The Bucket List” starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.
The design of this coffee maker dates back to the 1830’s. The machine works using gravity and vacuum principles: first you place ground coffee in the heavy glass brew chamber. Next you fill the boiler chamber with hot water and place it on the apparatus. A tube connects the two chambers. When full of water the boiler sits low on the swing frame and holds the lid open on the alcohol wick burner. When the water boils it is forced into the brewing chamber- at this point the boiler rises and the lid of the burner closes extinguishing the flame. A vacuum is created in the boiler and the brewed coffee from the brewing chamber is now miraculously drawn back into the boiler from where it can be served from the little tap… The tube that connects the chamber has a very fine mesh filter that never needs replacing. The entire process is quite a visual spectacle and the coffee can easily be prepared at the table.
- NISPIRA Syphon Coffee Maker for 3-5 Espresso Cups (500ML- about 17 OZ)
- Beautiful Gold/ Chrome Color body with dark red wooden boardbase
- Stainless steel water retainer,and plug
- Heat-resistance glass, alcohol burner. Plated balancing shaft,and handle, measuring spoon and cup.
- This type of coffee maker was featured in the movie “The Bucket List” starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman