Chemex Hand Blown Glass Coffee Maker
Featured on Amazon.com
Simple function and visual elegance combine for the optimum extraction of full rich-bodied coffee with this hand blown Chemex coffee maker.
Made with borosilicate glass for long lasting durability, it has a polished wood collar and leather tie. This unique style of coffee maker allows you to make coffee as strong as you like, without the bitterness, because the coffee only comes in contact with the scientifically designed filter and non-porous glass. This merging of form and function came out of Chemist Peter Schlumbohm’s taste for fine flavor. Applying the techniques used to insure laboratory purity, he set out to brew what may have been the first cup of truly clear, full-bodied coffee, free of undesirable fats, oils, sediment, and, most of all, bitterness. Made in the USA, it has an easy to use design. Simply place coffee in the filter inside the coffee maker, and pour in boiling water.
- Includes a polished wood collar with leather tie
- Selected by the Illinois Institute of Technology as one of the 100 best designed products of modern times
- All of the coffeemakers are measured using 5 oz. as 1 cup
- Chemex filters are required for operation all Chemex coffee makers
- Includes instructions
- 5-3/4″ diameter x 9-1/8″ H, with a 40 ounce capacity