‘Coffee from El Salvador’ Painting
Featured at NOVICA, in association with National Geographic
Modern Central American Painting, ‘Coffee from El Salvador’
“This composition has a double meaning for me,” confides Christian Bustamante. “First, it’s a tribute to El Salvador’s coffee legacy, where we usually drink it in a white cup. I’ve included images of coffee beans depending on their growth and taste, and the names on the background refer to the locations famous for their coffee harvest. These tie into my second reason for painting this composition, for I have very fond memories of those villages, which I visit as often as I can.”
Only 1 made
- Arrives stretched on fragrant cedarwood.
- Titled “Café de El Salvador” in Spanish.
- Acrylic on canvas, Arrives unframed, Stretched
- Signed by the artist, Made in El Salvador
- Weight: 1.3 lbs, Measurements: 15.75″ H x 11.75″ W x 0.6″ D
ABOUT THIS ARTIST
“What I love the most about painting is being able to create something that has never been seen in the world.”
“I inherited my passion for art from my father, who used to paint as a hobby and then took it up full time when he retired. I loved sharing this with him – his compositions have always inspired me. He specialized in portraits, especially of past Salvadoran presidents, and his preferred style was surrealism. It was a great shock to me when he passed away; I was only 15 years old.
“When I was 17 years old I managed to win a scholarship to West Point, where I graduated as an engineer. Studying kept me very busy though, and I hardly had time to paint, just a few sketches on pastel plaster.
“My economic situation deteriorated and I was out of a job, so with the little money I had I bought a few canvases and acrylic paints, and that’s how my first paintings were born. My friends were very encouraging and one of them offered me a good some of money to buy one. That’s how I came to realize that my art had potential to be enjoyed by others, and that it should definitely be more than a hobby.
- HAPPY ARTISANS – Fair prices, no binding contracts, and the freedom to make a success of their craft by building a sustainable business.
- HAPPY CUSTOMERS – Unique handmade products, great value, and the joy of helping to nurture and elevate the craft of global artisans.
- A GLOBAL MARKETPLACE – Artisans from around the world (many living in rural communities) don’t have the means to sell their work on the international market. NOVICA gives them a free platform to do this, and reach customers on a global scale.
- REGIONAL SUPPORT – Our teams of local art experts based in every region, provide artisans with all the backup they need. From product development advice, to quality control assistance, we are there to make their listing process as smooth as possible.
- DETAILED ARTISAN PROFILES – If you’re like us, you care about who you’re buying from, and who you’re supporting. This is why we go out of our way to capture the real artisan story. On every product page you’ll find a portrait and detailed biography of each artist.